Personal care is defined as the occupation of attending to the physical needs of people who have disabilities or are otherwise unable to take care of themselves, including tasks such as bathing, management of bodily functions, and cooking.
RHS Home Care provides the following personal care:
- Assistance with dressing
- Assistance with feeding
- Assistance with washing and toileting/incontinence
- Assistance with personal grooming
- Assistance with Ambulation/Movement: includes supervising the client when walking alone or with the help of a mechanical device such as a walker if guided, assisting with difficult parts of walking such as climbing stairs, supervising the client if client is able to propel a wheelchair if guided, pushing the wheelchair, and providing constant physical assistance to the client if totally unable to walk alone or with a mechanical device.
- Prompting the client to take their medications prescribed by attending physician.
- Advice, encouragement and emotional and psychological support.