Roscommon Arts Centre are running 6 weeks of a short, free, chair based dance/exercise class for older people called “Sit Down & Dance”. Dancer Minte Wolde is creating these 10 – 15 minute sessions and they will be available on their website and Facebook page @RosArtsCentre every Wednesday morning for the remaining two weeks.
The exercises are gentle, easy to follow, and a great way for older people to keep moving.
You can catch up on the last 4 weeks here:
Week 1 https://vimeo.com/505133671
Week 2 https://vimeo.com/507476344
Week 3 https://vimeo.com/510145286
Week 4 https://vimeo.com/513009757
- sit on a kitchen-type chair that has good support
- a chair with arm rests is ideal
- remove any cushions as they can be a slip hazard
- place the chair close to a table for comfort
- wear supportive footwear and comfortable clothing
- have a glass of water to hand
- turn up the volume and enjoy!
A new session will be made available HERE from 9.30am every Wednesday morning