Care Scheduler – Head Office Roscommon
Due to continued expansion RHS Home Care wishes to recruit a full-time care scheduler based in our head office in Roscommon Town
The purpose of the role
To Handle care requests in a professional manner, selecting suitable carers for new care requests, informing all necessary staff members and ensuring that the database is continually updated and file management duties. Along with ensuring that KPI levels are adhered to and database is updated for each change in client care times, dates, carer.
- To develop a good working relationship with HSE while handling email and telephone enquiries requesting provision of care in the community.
- Responsible for ensuring that the core client details are obtained upon HSE referral updated to data management system and made available for staff. Where additional details are required the HSE shall be contacted for same.
- The Care Scheduler shall select a carer for the client with due regard to the carer skill mix required and geographical location of the carer and time availability. Staff shall only be selected where they have the requirements set out in the HSE SLA.
- Responsible for liaising with HSE to confirm receipt of referral and issue an email within the local agreed timeframes for acceptance of referral. The Care Scheduler will liaise with the Area Supervisor by email regarding Home Visit arrangements for new admissions, introduction of care staff . Responsible for ensuring that individual files are compiled for clients and client details and schedules are entered on Database with assistance of dedicated Database support personnel if available.
- Dispatching of texts/letters/emails to the carers to confirm the details of client referral · Issuing of Letters to Clients and PHN confirming details of care service being provided.
- Responsible for Copies of all correspondence to be placed on Client and Carer Files, including all information and feedback from area supervisors home visits and/or recorded in the appropriate file on Communication sheet or administration comments on Database.
- Handling incidents that arise using Incident Reporting Form communication to line manager and placing the closed copy on the appropriate client/carer file.
- Management of RHS Home Care Database and continually updating same.
- Arrangement of annual leave and sick cover for staff and ensuring that database is updated with any changes.
Qualifications and Experience
ECDL Certified and/or QQI Level 5 Qualification or equivalent Experience in a similar role is desirable.
Essential skills, competencies and/or knowledge:
- Experienced in handling a high volume of calls, prioritising tasks, using clear, concise communication with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent IT Skills, experienced Database user
- Able to respond appropriately in a pressurised environment
- Good literacy and communication skills
Closing date for applications is Thursday 9th September 2021.
To apply for this position, simply click Apply now, and email a current CV along with cover letter outlining qualifications and experience.Apply Now