CARE ASSISTANTS REQUIRED COUNTY GALWAY
RHS Homecare welcomes applications from suitability qualified individuals for the position of Care Assistant in the below areas of Co. Galway.
MOUNTBELLEW, BALLYGAR, GLENMADDY, GORT,
LOUGHREA, KILCONNELL, WOODFORD
CLAREGALWAY ABBEY KNOCKMOY BALLINASLOE
BÉAL ÁTHA MÓ WILLIAMSTOWN, NEW INN,
RHS Home Care is a not for profit client/service user owned co-operative society with charitable status. Our Co-op is unique in Ireland and the first social care co-operative of its kind in Europe founded in 1996. We have been providing quality care services for clients in the communities of Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo and Leitrim and employ more than 500 staff.
We are an approved provider for HSE care delivery. Our care assistants deliver homecare services on behalf of the HSE to clients who are allocated either home help hours and/or homecare packages.
We believe that caring is a very special talent, and we are looking for the right individuals who have a positive, caring nature to join our team. We will give you all the tools that you need to be successful and reach goals. We focus our attention on motivating and developing so you can excel through training and development, on-the-job learning. We believe in caring for others, you must also care for your carer.
Key Duties & Responsibilities as an RHS Home Care Assistant
- Making a positive difference to your clients and most vulnerable by providing care in the Galway area.
- Helping people with their daily activities. Assisting with personal care tasks like bathing and dressing, or light housekeeping such as changing bed linen and laundry.
- Maintaining the safety of those we care for.
- Supporting social interactions and activities.
- Protecting against loneliness and isolation in the community.
Requirements to work as a Healthcare Assistant
- You must be caring, reliable, trustworthy, and kind.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum qualifications QQI/FETAC Level 5 Care Skills & Care of the Older Person.
- Be able to provide two references.
Benefits of working with RHS Home Care:
- Competitive rates of pay, with higher rates for Sundays and bank holidays.
- Flexible working schedule that matches your availability.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Refer a Friend, €100 One4All Gift Voucher for every employee you refer that stays 6 months with the company (T&C’s apply).
- Cycle to Work Initiative
- Car Service and Tyre Offers
- Employee Health Cash Plan option (HSF Ireland)
- A great support team in your area to help you and you will have access to a lead supervisor.
- On call support 24/7 support from our oncall team.
- Full PPE equipment provided.
- Working for Ireland's first home care co-operative established in 1996.
To apply for this position, simply click Apply now, and email a current CV along with cover letter outlining qualifications and experience. Please also specify what areas of Galway you are interested in working in.Apply Now