We believe that caring is a very special talent, and we are looking for the right individuals who have a positive, caring nature to join our team. We will give you all the tools that you need to be successful and reach goals. We focus our attention on motivating and developing so you can excel through training and development, on-the-job learning. We believe in caring for others, you must also care for your carer.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH RHS HOME CARE:
- Fully Qualified Carer Rate of pay €13 p/h
- Competitive rates of pay for 1/2hr calls with higher rates for Sundays and bank holidays.
- Flexible working schedule that matches your availability.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Refer a Friend, €100 One4All Gift Voucher for every employee you refer that stays 6 months with the company (T&C’s apply).
- Car Service and Tyre Offers
- Employee Health Cash Plan option (HSF Ireland).
- A great support team in your area to help you and you will have access to a lead supervisor.
- On-call support 24/7 support from our on-call team.
- Full PPE equipment provided.
- Working for Ireland’s first home care co-operative established in 1996.
We are currently looking for suitably qualified individuals for the position of Care Assistant in the below areas of Co. Galway.
KILCOLGAN, KINARVA, MOUNTBELLEW, BALLYGAR, GLENMADDY, GORT, LOUGHREA, KILCONNELL, WOODFORD
CLAREGALWAY ABBEY KNOCKMOY BALLINASLOE BÉAL ÁTHA MÓ WILLIAMSTOWN, NEW INN, PORTUMNA, ORANMORE
RHS Home Care is a not for profit client/service user-owned co-operative society with charitable status. Our Co-op is unique in Ireland and the first social care co-operative of its kind in Europe founded in 1996. We have been providing quality care services for clients in the communities of Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo and Leitrim and employ more than 500 staff.
We are an approved provider for HSE care delivery. Our care assistants deliver homecare services on behalf of the HSE to clients who are allocated either home help hours and/or homecare packages.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES AS AN RHS HOME CARE ASSISTANT
• Making a positive difference to your clients and most vulnerable by providing care in the Galway area.
• Helping people with their daily activities. Assisting with personal care tasks like bathing and dressing, or light housekeeping such as changing bed linen and laundry.
• Maintaining the safety of those we care for.
• Supporting social interactions and activities.
• Protecting against loneliness and isolation in the community.
REQUIREMENTS TO WORK AS A HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT
· You must be caring, reliable, trustworthy, and kind.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Be able to provide two references.
· Minimum qualifications QQI/FETAC Level 5 Care Skills & Care of the Older Person.
Additionally, if you have any of the below qualifications, we would also be interested in talking to you:
· Speech & Language Therapy
To apply for this position, simply click Apply now, and email a current CV along with a cover letter outlining qualifications and experience. Please also specify what areas of Galway you are interested in working in.